Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Family Stubborn. You are Infected.

Aloha my dear DEAR Family, Friends and other people...

I searched http://www.mayoclinic.org/www.webmd.com/, and the US National Library of Medicine. I couldn't find ANYTHING on this important issue that seems to afflict my family on a semi-regualar basis. I try to keep it under control but, and this is hard to say publicly, I GET FLARE-UPS TOO. I just assumed it was a medical affliction, some horrid disease that I caught from my Mom or some close relative that has a particularly nasty infection of it. I thought that maybe it was something in our DNA that has passed down from generation to generation. 

Nope. Stubbornness is not a disease. There is no cure except the one you make for YOURSELF... or maybe you can follow Cousin Pili's Three Simple Steps for Getting One's Head Out of One's Ass.

But first...

I am not a doctor. I am not a PROCTOLOGIST. A proctologist is a doctor that specializes in anal, rectal and intestinal disorders. If you actually have your head stuck up your ass, I am not licensed to help you remove it. I am not a nurse. I am not a psychologist. I am not affiliated with any sort of health industry. You are reading this blog with the full knowledge that Pilialoha K. Nathaniel is not authorized by any school, institution or government to give health and medical advise. If you follow any advise in this blog it is at your own discretion and at your own risk. Okay? Nod if you agree. If you read anything past this paragraph that means you have nodded and you agree.

If you can't nod because you have your head up your ass just give me a thumbs up.

Great.

Cousin Pili's Three Simple Steps For Getting One's Head Out of One's Ass (and keeping it out):

1) Pull it out yourself. 
2) Get help from a friend or family member.
3) LOVE.

1) PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS! Easier said than done. Shit just gets stuck up in there! But it can be done if you just wade through the shit and FIND THE TRUTH. One example: I was too stubborn to see a doctor for a cold and fever I've had for days. I finally had to admit to myself that the over the counter drugs and ginger tea were NOT HELPING. I pulled my head out of my FLU-ridden ass and went to a doctor. Although, even with this example, I had help. Go HERE for the entire story.

2) POSITIVE people are happier people. BE POSITIVE! Stop COMPLAINING about having your head stuck up your ass. Please, please, please keep a positive attitude if a friend or relative calls you and says, "Last time I came over, I noticed that your head was up your ass. Would you like my help in taking it out for you? You just seem so unhappy and uncomfortable. Can I please help you?" It takes guts for anyone to approach a person that has his/her head in his/her ass. No one likes to see that.

3) I know I keep on mentioning this word in every blog and I will continue to do so until I feel you have GOTTEN IT INTO THAT STUBBORN HARD-HEAD! LOVE EACH OTHER! Know that there will be misunderstandings but if you totally shut down and if you FAIL TO SEE THE TRUTH... YOU will be the LOSER. If you act BEFORE you receive all the information YOU WILL LOSE THE LOVE OF THOSE CLOSEST TO YOU. You wanna know why??? Stubbornness may not be a disease but it certainly is infectious. Chances are your friend or relative is JUST AS STUBBORN AS YOU ARE. So just stop and SWALLOW THE BULLSHIT and LOVE.

I will end the post with this ... LOVE EACH OTHER AND SHOW YOUR LOVE... you don't know when the LAST DAY will come. I don't know when my last day will be. I may live to be a healthy ninety-eight year old marathon runner OR I might choke on my food this afternoon and die. WHO KNOWS??? Am I dwelling on it? Absolutely not! I have made a commitment to live my LIFE with HAPPINESS, LOVE and LAUGHTER. I may fail at times and at those times I WILL LOOK TO YOU, MY FAMILY, TO GET MY HEAD OUT OF MY SELF-RIGHTOUS ASS. Please make the same commitment my family. No more BLAME GAMES. No more SELF-RIGHTEOUS anger. No more STUBBORNNESS. 

JUST LOVE and allow yourself to BE LOVED. 

PLEASE. Pretty please.

Your Friend, Daughter, Granddaughter, Niece and/or Cousin in STUBBORNNESS,

Cousin Pili

PS... Every Sunday, NO MATTER WHAT THE TOPIC... I will feature a recipe. Why... because cooking makes me feel good. Notice I did not say EATING. Today's recipe comes from Kristian Guynes from Kapolei, Hawaii. Enjoy!

"Kousin Kristian's Killa Kauliflower"


Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds cauliflower (approx. 1 head),cut into large florets (about 8 cups)
6 garlic cloves, peeled
2 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Chopped fresh chives

In a large pot, combine cauliflower, garlic, and broth. If cauliflower is not completely covered by broth, add water to just cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 12 minutes.

Reserve approx. 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid (maybe more..), then drain cauliflower and garlic. Transfer cauliflower and garlic to the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth, pulsing in some or all of the reserved cooking liquid, if necessary, to moisten mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving, stir in chives. Serve warm.

Makes 4 (1 Cup Servings)

Per serving:
80 calories, 8 g protein, 12 g carbs, 1 g fat, 4 g fiber, 183 mg sodium

It is a very healthy alternative for mash potatoes. You can barely tell that it isn't a potato.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Many thanks

Unknown said...

To Anonymous-

I don't know how my blog got listed there. Thank you for reading and enjoying my blog!

-HappyNathaniel