Sunday, February 3, 2013

FOOTBALL.

Aloha MY FAMILY (go niners), MY FRIENDS (Go Niners) and those who have just stopped by to play (GO NINERS!!!),

9AM:

Today is Super Bowl SUNDAY!!! A day where you are probably going to drink and eat merrily while your favorite team kicks the Baltimore Ravens ass! As you can tell, I am a 49ers fan. It's a family thing. I just grew up that way. Seriously... my Mom and Dad raised me right! LET'S GO NINERS!!!!!

My Dad and I.


And...

I am NOT going to talk all about FOOTBALL. But this day does bring up another subject.

TEAMWORK.

My DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor. I am not a nurse. I am not a psychologist. I am not affiliated with any sort of health industry. You are reading this blog with the full knowledge that Pilialoha K. Nathaniel is not authorized by any school, institution or government to give health and medical advise. If you follow any advise in this blog it is at your own discretion and at your own risk. Okay? Nod if you agree. If you read anything past this paragraph that means you have nodded and you agree.

(GO NINERS!!!)

TEAMWORK.

I want to talk about my baby cousin, Kainoa, and his beautiful girlfriend, Liana. They are BEING HEALTHY TOGETHER. Notice I didn't say "losing weight" or "exercising"... They are working TOGETHER to be HEALTHY. They are both two months in and GOING STRONG! I applaud them for that. (I am clapping my hands like a maniac!)

Here is their regimen taken straight from Kainoa's Instagram:

Food: "We're eating healthier: chicken, turkey ground meat and TONS of veggies! Veggies are my new RICE. Eating correct servings is hard but your body learns. You have to restart and TRAIN YOUR BODY. It's always easy to cheat. But you must remember: WHAT YOU PUT INTO YOUR BODY IS FUEL FOR YOUR BODY." I eat four MAIN MEALS and three MINI MEALS. Liana eats less.

Exercise: We work out five to six times a week and stick to one body part a day. It's never the same. Follow Your mind and body and never over do what you not mentally and physically prepared for."

Follow Kainoa and Liana at @iikahevvvii and @lianaaageee on Instagram!!! They are a HUGE INSPIRATION! Also, here are a few articles you can read on couples working out. The last one is on why couples shouldn't workout together. I added that in because there are some pitfalls... AND... I believe in you and your partner. I believe you can over come your obstacles and have healthier lives... TOGETHER.

Mens Health: "Your Best Workout Partner: Her"
Healthy Woman: "Exercising Together: Tips for Couples"
Committed to Love: Exercise Together
Yahoo Health: 8 Reasons Couples Shouldn't Workout Together

....

9PM:

As you can see, I am writing this BLOG at two different times. I was soooo excited to watch my team go to the SUPER BOWL this year. I had no DOUBT that the NINERS were going to leave the SUPERDOME with the Vince Lombardi Trophy. I was wrong. The NINERS lost. They RALLIED in the second half but fell short by THREE POINTS. The Baltimore RAVENS played a better game. They EARNED IT. They EXECUTED the plays that won them the game. Hats off to you RAVENS.

The RAVENS were the better TEAM.

In your reach for a better HEALTHIER life... sometimes you will FAIL. You will FALL SHORT of your GOALS. What do I say to that? PICK UP YOUR ASS AND TRAIN HARDER. So... GO NINERS!!! GET UP OFF YOUR SECOND PLACE ASSES AND TRAIN HARDER!!  I wanna see my TEAM in the Superbowl again NEXT YEAR. Next year... the 49ers will WIN!

Winning takes HARD WORK and TEAMWORK. Getting and Staying HEALTHY and FIT takes the same mindset. Again... HUGE HIGH-FIVE to my Cousin Kainoa and his lovely girlfriend Liana. You are both amazing.

Aloha and GO NINERS!

Cousin Pili









No comments: