Friday, February 1, 2013

I am THANKFUL.

(2/3/2013 UPDATE #2: Here is the song my Family sung for my AUNTY.  "Ekolu Mea Nui" by Robert J. K. Nawahine.)

ʻEkolu mea nui ma ka honua
ʻO ka manaʻo ʻiʻo ka manaʻo lana
A me ke aloha ke aloha ka i ʻoi aʻe
Pômaikaʻi nâ mea âpau
Pômaikaʻi nâ mea âpau

Three important things in the world
Faith, hope
And love, love is the best
And everything is blessed
And everything is blessed

LOVE IS THE BEST!!!!

(2/1/2013 UPDATE: The obituary for Aunty can be found HERE. Thank you again to everyone for their support. Much ALOHA.)

Thank you to you, My Family, My Friends and others who have stopped by to read.

THANK YOU.

Today's Disclaimer: I apologize for another late post. I was writing on something entirely different which will be posted next Thursday as I will reserve SUNDAY for FOOTBALL and the importance of FAMILY. You will understand more as you read. This post is mostly for MY FAMILY. To my FRIENDS and GOOD PEOPLE that have stopped by... please read on.

I am not a doctor. I am not a nurse. I am not a psychologist. I am not a counselor. I am not affiliated with any sort of health industry. You are reading this blog with the full knowledge that Pilialoha K. Nathaniel is not authorized by any school, institution or government to give health and medical advise. If you follow any advise in this blog it is at your own discretion and at your own risk. Okay? Nod if you agree. If you read anything past this paragraph that means you have nodded and you agree.

For My FAMILY,

Our Aunty just passed away last night after a four month-long struggle, a fight to survive. She did not have cancer. She did not have any major health problems. She got into a minor car accident while on a routine trip to the market. If you haven't done so already, for more information go HERE for what happened to Aunty or go HERE for a journal of her struggles.

I am THANKFUL for the time I got to spend with our FAMILY in Minnesota. At the time (four months ago) I was told that the doctors had decided that nothing else could be done for our Aunty and that they would take her off of life support. I went to give whatever support I could and to take care of GRANDMA and bring her back to Hilo whenever she wanted. All life support was pulled the day before I got on the plane to go to Minnesota. I thought I would be flying into Minnesota to find my family grieving. I thought I would find my Grandmother grieving for a lost sister. My Uncle grieving for his lost wife. I thought I would have to try my best to lift my family.

INSTEAD I found my Aunty still "kicking". (Really! By the third day after they removed life support she was moving and kicking around the bed like she wanted to run a marathon.) I'm not going to "sugar-coat" this... she looked bad. She barely looked like Aunty when I first got there...AND... she got better everyday during the week I was there. By the fourth day she recognized me. I would like to think she recognized me as her Niece Pili... But I'll take any sort of recognition.

I said "Hi Aunty!"

Aunty opened her eyes and said, "Hi!" and smiled her beautiful smile.

Thank you Aunty for giving our family these last four months with you. Thank you Aunty for trying so very hard to get better. I cannot imagine the pain and confusion you must have bore. Thank you for allowing us to say "A HUI HOU".

Until we meet again, Aunty. I know you are up in Heaven with your Brother and your Mom and Dad eating sweetbread, malasadas, Minnesota hot-dish and chop suey.

I want to also thank MY GRANDMA. When I went to Minnesota I thought I would have to have to lift the cornerstone of our family. GRANDMA... you are that cornerstone and I will always be there for you. Thank you Grandma. THANK YOU for taking care of yourself. Thank you for your strength. Thank you for your honesty. Thank you for your LOVE.

Thank you for reading,

Cousin Pili


Sunset. St. Cloud Minnesota. I love you Aunty. Thank you.

No comments: