Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pro-Possibilities. The question of Choice.


Hello my beautiful family and my amazing friends!

Welcome back to Cousin Pili's Blog! We're going to talk about BABIES!!!

But first... My Disclaimer. Pilialoha K. Nathaniel is not a doctor. I'm not an obgyn or a pediatrician. I have never had a baby. I am not pregnant. The only experience I have had with babies is 1) Raising my Sister and Brother. I am more than a decade older than both and 2) I was once a baby myself so I have experience being one. I don't remember much but I have a really good imagination!

I could go so many many different avenues with this topic. Lets start off with me first.

Me.

I was (unexpected, a surprise, not planned). My mother decided to keep me and I was born. Society would say that my mother had been single but I don't believe Society. I have a VERY LARGE and EXTENDED family who loved and cared for both my mother and I.

Why am I telling you this? Where am I going with this? Maybe Ill figure that out when I'm finished writing.

So... Lets start with getting pregnant. If you don't know how to get pregnant or how to prevent getting pregnant please ask me and I will do my best to tell you. Not in this Blog though. I have already talked about birth control and condoms and STDs and not DYING because you couldn't take a moment to wrap it up!.

You are PREGNANT. What now?

YOU (The Woman) and YOU (The Man) have a handful of options in front of you. I am including The Man because (most of the time) it takes TWO to create a pregnancy.

Lets take a moment to talk about The Man first. YOU, The Man, have some decisions to make.

1) You love respect and honor this Woman and you support her in her decisions.

2) You love respect and honor this Woman and you think she is making the wrong decision and you will try to convince her otherwise.

3) You don't care. (You wouldn't be reading my blog if you didn't care.)

I'm simplifying everything here for the purpose of getting at the main idea here for The Man. YOU, The Man may think you have no say or control over what happens... Not true. You do!

And we will come back to you, Man.

The Woman. So you are pregnant!!! If this was planned.. CONGRATS!!! If this wasn't planned and you are very happy and glowing and you can't wait to be a mommy... CONGRATS!

Please...

1) See a doctor regularly and do what the doctor says.

2) Look at your finances and PLAN for the future expenses of having a child.

3) ASK for HELP! Family and friends, the people who care about you WILL HELP!!!

Lets back track a little...

So you are pregnant. You did not plan this and you are on the fence about what to do.

Abortion?

It has entered your brain and either it flew out of your brain as quickly as it flew in or you are thinking about it.

NOTE HERE: No one ever talked to me DIRECTLY about all this "stuff". I thought something was wrong with me when I went though puberty. I was SCARED SHITLESS about SEX. So... if you have a question my dear FAMILY and FRIENDS or even if you want to give me YOUR opinion on MY VIEWS. LEAVE A COMMENT!!! I will try my BEST to give you a straight answer.

ANOTHER NOTE HERE: I am PRO-CHOICE.

And...

YOU HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE CHOICE YOU MAKE! If you make the choice to END the pregnancy then do not gloss over it with the bullshit that political pro-choice AND pro-life bullshitters try to feed you. If you follow my blog then you have heard me say this before:

Don't LIE to yourself.

Get the truth about where your body is in the pregnancy. Get the truth about where your mind and heart is. Because no matter what decision you make you will either have the POSSIBILITY OF GIVING LIFE or you will be KILLING THE POSSIBILITY OF LIFE.

LIFE is about POSSIBILITIES.  We will come back to that.

I believe that to have an abortion means killing apart of yourself. It means cutting out something that your body is growing. It is apart of YOU.

And... Sometimes you have to remove the POSSIBILITY of something NOT GOOD for you.

And... The worst part is... you will never know how your life would have been either way. YOU have to make the BEST DECISION for YOU.

Lets take a moment and go back to The Man.

So The Woman tells you her decision. What do you do? Ill tell you what NOT to do...

DO NOT LIE TO YOURSELF! Get the truth about how you feel and what this woman and possibly your child mean to you. Don't hide! FACE your decisions. Be SMART!!! If you do not agree... THEN SAY SOMETHING!

NOTE HERE for The Man... YOU DO NOT have the right to TELL The Woman WHAT TO DO. You can MAKE YOUR OPINION KNOWN. That is all. That is HUGE. If you don't say anything then you will have to live with all the POSSIBILITIES that come from that decision.

AND...

I did not expect to write this tonight. Someone just asked me, "What are you writing about?"

I said, "Pregnancy... and ... um... abortion." Then I proceeded to make excuses as to why I chose this topic. There needs to be no excuse. We should NOT be afraid/scared/uncomfortable to talk about SEX and all the shit that comes with it. WE SHOULD TALK. WE SHOULD DISCUSS.

I was (unexpected, a surprise, unplanned). My mom could have done something else in her life. My Mom decided to have me and I was born. SHE CHOSE to HAVE ME. It was a choice, "I" WAS A CHOICE... not a requirement. 

Thank you MOM for choosing the POSSIBILITY of ME.



Your Daughter, Granddaughter, Sister, Cousin, Niece, Aunty and Friend...

Pili





2 comments:

Chelllsss said...

Love this blog and you! Life is all about choices and the way you presented this couldn't have been any better in my opinion =)

Unknown said...

Thank you Chelllsss! The best decision to make is the one you own and the one that is right, healthy and good for you. Sometimes those decisions are ridiculously hard but know that you are surrounded by your family and friends, people that love and care about you.