Thursday, January 24, 2013

Sex. Be Safe. Be Honest. Be Positive.


Aloha my Family!!!

I had a sip of alcohol today! Maui Brewing Company's Bikini Blonde Lager. Good beer. A bit on the sweet side but still very drinkable. Beyond that... not going to talk about alcohol tonight.



Lets talk sex.

But before we do, my disclaimer... I am not a doctor. I am not a nurse. I am not a psychologist. I am not affiliated with any sort of health industry. You are reading this blog with the full knowledge that Pilialoha K. Nathaniel is not authorized by any school, institution or government to give health and medical advise. If you follow any advise in this blog it is at your own discretion and at your own risk. Okay? Nod if you agree. If you read anything past this paragraph that means you have nodded and you agree.

Back to sex.

For non-family members please read on but this one is mostly for my younger (over 18 years old) cousins. Don't worry I'll make this blog a quickie...

I'm going to talk of three things:

1. Be Safe and Don't Die.
2. Do you want kids?
3. Be "Sex-Positive".

1. Be Safe and Don't Die. I have to credit my Mom for this one. FOLLOW IT. For the boys... Wrap it up!!! For the girls... carry condoms and MAKE THEM WRAP IT UP! Until you can have an HONEST adult conversation with your partner about getting tested and being clean (or not) then WRAP IT UP! Do NOT be afraid or uncomfortable about asking your partner about getting tested and what, if any, STD's they may have. IF you trust them then by all means take their word for it... but if you have ANY DOUBTS... GET YOURSELF TESTED and show them the paperwork. Then ask them to do the same. You have a right to know. If they don't want to tell you or if they don't want to get tested... DUMP THEM.

2. Do you want kids? No? Then WRAP IT UP and GET ON BIRTH CONTROL. A note here- You CANNOT MAKE a person do something they do not want to do. You cannot make a woman use birth control as you cannot make a man use a condom. IF your partner DOES NOT want to use BIRTH CONTROL... and you do not want a baby... DUMP THEM.

Continuation of this thought which will lead into another blog (come back on Sunday) ... If you think you are pregnant... go to a doctor immediately. You don't need to let anyone know but you have a responsibility TO YOURSELF to GET A CHECK UP! That's all I'm going to say on that one... for now.

3. Be SEX-POSITIVE! Be positive in your sexual relations and your view of sex in general. Sex is an AMAZING EXPERIENCE. I will expand my thoughts on this next week Thursday.

I said this was gonna be a quickie. I really wanted to stress the importance of GETTING TESTED, BEING HONEST IN YOUR SEXUAL RELATIONS and BIRTH CONTROL. I will expand on the numbers two and three on Sunday and Thursday.

Be Safe. Be Honest. Be Positive.

Cousin Pili






No comments: