Sunday, January 20, 2013

Make a decision. Execute it. Earn it. Make the play.

Aloha my FAMILY!!!

I know I promised Sex or Alcohol today but because I am not doing either of those things today how could I possibly talk about them? Instead I am going to talk about what happened on this beautiful, amazing SUNDAY. It was a great day.

The 49ERS are GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!




How does this play into HEALTH and HAPPINESS? Well read on...

But first... I am not a doctor. I am not a nurse. I am not a psychologist. I am not affiliated with any sort of health industry. You are reading this blog with the full knowledge that Pilialoha K. Nathaniel is not authorized by any school, institution or government to give health and medical advise. If you follow any advise in this blog it is at your own discretion and at your own risk. Okay? Nod if you agree. If you read anything past this paragraph that means you have nodded and you agree.

I will also add another disclaimer here... I am NOT a FOOTBALL PLAYER. I am not an expert at "THE GAME". I love watching it and even after growing up watching it with my Dad I still ask him simple questions about why the players do what they do. So please don't berate my use of football. I'm just a girl who loves the 49ers (Joe Montana is still my favorite player). Nod if you understand.

Now that you have nodded I will continue on...

Let us look back to the date, November 19, 2012 (a date with HUGE significance to me but that's for later). It's Monday Night Football and the 49ers are playing the Bears at Candlestick Park. Jim Harbaugh realizes that his starting QB, Alex Smith, is out with a concussion. Coach Harbaugh has no choice but to start his back up QB, the twenty-five year old second-year rookie, Colin Kaepernick. What do we learn from this coach? TAKE CHANCES AND STICK WITH THEM!!!

Make those hard decisions. Don't be wishy-washy. MAKE A SMART DECISION and STICK WITH IT. Even if you find that you made the wrong choice at least you know deep down that you made it with all the insightful information you needed to make that decision. What if Coach Harbaugh had been wishy-washy and what if he felt bad for pulling out Smith? Smith, who beyond getting hurt - DID NOTHING WRONG! He was an awesome QB! Not as awesome as Kaepernick! The 49ers head coach made a hard decision, STUCK WITH IT and now his team is going to the Superbowl.

Let's take a moment to visit the other game that was played today. Let us talk of the Patriots and their epic FAIL. (I am NOT a Patriots fan.) I did listen to Tom Brady's speech. He talked of his team's "Failure to execute" and how the Ravens "Earned It". Go and watch the highlights from that game. If you follow football, you know that the Patriots are an OK team and under the direction of Brady they usually shine. BUT THEY FAILED TO EXECUTE.

How does this play into your life? Do you have dreams? My dream is to write. I FAILED TO EXECUTE for so many years. Now I have made the DECISION to EXECUTE my dreams.

You should too. EXECUTE YOUR DREAMS.

And... You must EARN IT. The Ravens EARNED the right to be in the Superbowl. They KICK THE SHIT out of the Patriots. How do you earn the right to have your dreams become a reality? Find out what you have to do to EARN IT.

Let us talk of greater things like the 49ers and Kaepernick. Down 17-0 early. Down 24-14 at halftime. Did this get our young QB down? NOPE!!! He made the hard decisions. When he made the wrong decision he pushed forward and made the right ones. He executed the plays. He and his team EARNED IT and beat the Falcons 28-24. How does this young player do it? How is this rookie QB starting his TENTH NFL game at THE SUPERBOWL? GOOGLE HIM! Learn what it takes to MAKE THE PLAY in your life.

Make the play in your life.

Love. Life. Aloha.

Cousin Pili


Pictured below: Me... Crazyfacing. First live Pro-Football Game. November 19, 2012. 49ers vs Bears. Colin Kaepernick starts for the FIRST TIME and FLATTENS the Bears... 32-7.



For Thursday: Still thinking about Sex and/or Alcohol.

No comments: