Monday, March 4, 2013

DIRTY SWEATY HOT GIRLS! (Part One)

HAPPY GIRLS DAY!!! Are you ready for some diiirty GIRLS! Hot... Sweaty... STRONG WOMEN! 

Aloha my lovely FAMILY, FRIENDS and all you who have take the time to stop for a spell to read. 


GIRLS DAY SHOULD BE EVERYDAY!!!


No disclaimers today Ladies! I AM CLAIMING MY GIRLHOOD, MY STRONG WOMANHOOD!!! I am shouting out to the world: I HAVE A VAGINA AND I AM PROUD OF IT! 



COUSIN UALANI: (shaking head) "Too much, Pili!"

COUSIN PILI: "This is my blog and I can shout VAGINA if I want to."

COUSIN CHELSEA: "It's okay Ualani... Pili's just very special..."

COUSIN PILI: "Hey..."

I have asked my two of my beautiful woman cousins to join me today, this BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY.  Cousin Ualani and Cousin Chelsea will all talk about HEALTH, HAPPINESS and WORKING OUT!!! Both Ualani and Chelsea did WARRIOR DASH last week!!!


...
Me and Chelsea trying to lick our toes.

First up, I have COUSIN CHELSEA. Chelsea is the Beautiful and only daughter of Aunty Cori Nathaniel and Uncle Paul Caplener. You will remember her from a blog I did a few weeks back called EAT ME <--- click there to read more. Well, she is back and DIIIRTIER THAN EVER!


COUSIN PILI (CP): Aloha CHELSEA!!! Get your HOT DIRTY HAWAIIAN ASS over here! Why did you sign up for the Warrior Dash?



Kaeo, Micah, Jeremy and Chelsea. BEFORE!!!
COUSIN CHELSEA (CC): I never ever imagined I would be doing anything even remotely close to the Warrior Dash. I was at school on Cyber Monday studying and my friend got a text from her sister telling her that the Warrior Dash was 50% off. I heard that last year was such fun and I wanted to take this opportunity to register at this price. So I registered myself, Micah, and Jeremy without even asking them. I figured that they would want to go eventually…and I was right!

CP: How did you feel during the Warrior Dash?

            
Chelsea and crew AFTER the Warrior Dash!
Couples that play together...
CC: When the Warrior Dash first started, I began running. Now for those who know me, I have had years of knee problems and it was not easy for me to run on a rough path. I had some difficulty with this but I kept going. I did not want to give up. I ran for the first mile, an accomplishment for me, then started to speed walk. I really wanted to stop and hunch over but I did not. I kept pushing through because I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it. The obstacles were crazy, according to me, but so fun. The most fun was the MUD!!! Now I’m a country girl, born and raised in Hilo with boys, I spent my childhood playing in the mud. It felt like the hanabada days!!!

CP: I have pretty bad knees too. YOU ARE A BANANA CREME PIE FILLED WITH AWESOMENESS! How did you feel after the Warrior Dash?

            
CC: Although I was covered with mud, I felt amazing! Even if I could not run the entire time, I still completed the THREE PLUS something mile obstacle course without stopping. Later that Day… I had the best shower of my life! Imagine being all muddy, no matter how good it felt, that shower felt amazing! Also…I found out that the Spartan Race is coming this August for the first time in Hawaii. I am excited for this and will for sure be training!

CP: GO CHELSEA!!! The Warrior Dash is such a huge accomplishment. I am so ridiculously proud of you my cousin! SPARTAN RACE? Do it. THANK YOU CHELSEA!

...

Ualani and I!!!
Coming up though the mud of the WARRIOR DASH is my Beautiful Cousin UALANI DAVIS. She is the only daughter of Aunty Maile and Uncle Carter Davis. She hails from the BARRETT-side of my FAMILY!!! She is a beautiful photographer and artist. She was just awarded a large stipend and residency at the Honolulu Museum of Art. In her spare time she likes to get DIRTY!

COUSIN PILI (CP): Seriously though!!! Your photography is astounding. CONGRATULATIONS or the residency! 

UALANI says, "I GOT THIS."
COUSIN UALANI (CU): Thanks Pili!

           

CP: Why did you do Warrior Dash?

CU: I did Warrior Dash because my friend Ashley found a discount on Cyber Monday or something where you could register for $40. I was hesitant to do it because i hadn't really exercised much since high school, but then she told me that you get a free Viking hat just for signing up, and that's what convinced me. If I had to pay full price to register, I probably wouldn't have done it. 

CP: What if you didn't get a VIKING HAT? WHat would you have done.

UALANI IS ON FIRE!!!
CU: If we didn't get Viking hats, I definitely wouldn't have done it. A bunch of my friends ended up signing up at the same time, so that helped to motivate me to train for Warrior Dash. I thought it would be a fun event, but being that I hadn't really exercised heavily for a while, I knew I had to train, so I started running and walking my dog more. My friend Ricky (who also signed up for Warrior Dash) and I started motivating each other to exercise, and when Warrior Dash happened, we were the only ones out of my group of friends that ran the whole way.

CP: You are an INSPIRATION! What keeps you so Happy and Healthy?


CU: For me, happiness is a mindset and choice. I wake up in the morning with the INTENTION OF MAKING THE BEST OF MY DAY. I try to fill my life with HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS and GOOD PEOPLE. As an artist, I make CREATING one of my top priorities. I also make it a point to LOVE and ACCEPT MYSELF and TAKE PRIDE IN WHO I AM. The last one is probably the most important, the hardest to maintain, the one thing that no one really tells you about when you're growing up. Being able to love myself helps me be part of a happy life, maintain loving relationships, and see from a caring perspective.


DIRTY GIRL UALANI!
Also, as someone who has lived in Hawaii for the majority of her life, sunlight makes a huge difference in my mood. I NEED SUNSHINE!
CP: You are SUNSHINE. What about your health though? You're fit. How do you plan on MAINTAINING this WARRIOR PHYSIC? 
CU: In terms of health and exercise, I've always walked a lot. I catch bus or walk wherever I go, so that most days I end up walking at least a mile or two overall. My best friend Alyssa and I have a friendship that revolves around good food and walking. On an average saturday, we may meet up for brunch in Kaimuki at the Covenant Bookstore and Cafe, walk around and do some window shopping before heading over to Glazer's by University to get some coffee, then go to Frost City for some shave ice or a smoothie at Da Spot, then catch bus home.
CP: That sounds like an AMAZING SATURDAY! Thank you Ualani! I hope you keep up the cardio! Stay happy. Stay Healthy!
...
HELLO FOLKS! I'm sure you noticed that this is PART ONE of a two part series. On Thursday I hope to interview my Cousin Kalei and my Little Sister Leimaile on their experiences in their latest HIKING TRIPS. HIKING in HAWAII is such a beautiful experience and soooo good for your health and happiness!
Much love and mud,
Cousin Pili
Next blog: HIKING!!! 

4 comments:

Chelllsss said...

Being a dirty girl is awesome!!!

Chelllsss said...

I love to get dirty! I guess it's a country girl kinda thing :)

kaleilei12 said...

Awesome dirty girls!

kaleilei12 said...

AWESOME dirty girls!!