Friday, March 8, 2013

Are you a DIRTY GIRL? (Part Two)

This BLOG is JET LAGGED. I'm late. I know. I'm sorry. I so appreciate you coming back twice weekly to read my brain-craziness. I really do. Thank you. My blog and I will get some sleep and get our asses back in gear!

ALOHA my Family!!! ALOHA my FRIENDS!! Aloha to you stranger! Please introduce yourself in the COMMENT BOX below...

Are you dirty? Do you ever have sweaty, not-so-clean thoughts? Does your mouth need to be washed out? WELCOME TO PART TWO OF DIRTY GIRLS!!! Once again I do not have any disclaimers. This is a blog for CLAIMING!

CLAIM YOUR WOMANHOOD!

CLAIM YOUR MANHOOD!

It doesn't matter what you got between those sexy legs of yours! CLAIM IT!

CLAIM YOURSELF!

CLAIM HAPPINESS!

CLAIM HEALTH!

Today I am once again CLAIMING MY HEALTH. You should too! I AM CLAIMING THAT I AM A DIRTY SWEATY GIRL AND I LIKE IT! I have a GORGEOUS WOMAN joining me today who are also claiming their health. My LITTLE SISTER LEIMAILE!!!

COUSIN/BIG SISTER PILI: "I love you!"

LITTLE SISTER LEIMAILE: "Aloha wau ia 'oe!"

See... such a loving amazing woman. We are going to talk about health and a nothergreat way to get out of the gym and into nature for some sunshine, happiness and exercise! Here she is... LITTLE SISTER LEIMAILE!

BIG SISTER PILI (BSP): So is it true? You are about to say ALOHA to your TEENS! EVERYONE!!!! MY LITTLE SISTER IS TURNING TWENTY!

LITTLE SISTER LEIMAILE (LSL): No need to shout, Pili!!!

BIG SISTER PILI (BSP): I can shout as loud as I want! It's my blog! 

LSL: TEE HEE. Yep!!! Bye bye teen years!!! 

BSP: I feel old. ANYWAY!!! AGE IS RELATIVE!!! So... enough about me... How do you get to the hike at Koko Head!

LSL: Koko Head is in Hawaiʻi Kai. Look up directions to Koko Head District Park then drive up and park by the upper baseball field. To get to the starting point, walk toward home plate, you'll see a pathway next to a warning sign. It'll lead you toward the stairs.

BSP: Or just look for the really sweaty people and head in their direction!

LSL: TEEHEE. We got super sweaty! Don't forget to bring water!!! 

BSP: So... out of all the hikes you could have taken me on... Why Koko Head?

LSL: I've been wanting to hike Koko Head for years! But for one reason or another, it never happened. It's just one of those popular hikes you do if you live on Oʻahu. Almost everyone I know has done it, even some of my friends in college and co-workers who've only been here a few months. So it's about time. Plus the view is spectacular, I think that's what attracts so many people to it. You can see all of Hawaiʻi Kai and beyond on one side, and all of Waimanalo and beyond on the other side. Gorgeous, gorgeous view.

BSP: It was an AMAZING and HARD hike!!! The pay off was the best! The view was stunning! Can you explain the hike for all the lovely people out here in BLOGGER LAND.

LSL: STRAIGHT UP… STEEP. It's not your traditional kind of hike, I'd say it's more of a climb. Koko Head is a tuff cone and looks like this huge hill with a steep slope. There are "stairs" that shoot straight up the side of the hill to the top. The stairs use to be a railroad that transported supplies up to the lookouts on top of Koko Head back in WWII.

BSP: Wow... great history! I was wondering where all those old cement "pill boxes" were for...

LSL: Yeah. They're all spray painted now! It was pretty amazing up there. If you're not crazy athletic... take it easy. The beginning of the climb is a pretty steady incline. It's good to take breaks every now and then and drink some water. There are places along the way you can step off to the side, sit, or stretch a little. Halfway through the hike, there's a bridge. It's a bit sketchy. My sister and I climbed up the bridge, but coming back down we went around it. If you're going up, there's a path to the right of the stairway you can use. We used it on our way back down. After the bridge, the hill gets steeper. I say just go slow and take as many breaks as you want at this part. Once you get to the top, take your time up there and enjoy the view!


BSP: Going down was crazy! Faster but harder!!! I don't think I swore so much in my life!

LSL: I don't think I've ever heard you swear so much. Every other word out of your mouth was, fuck.

BSP: Hey! It was all good!!! It was a great hike! I just started getting a little tired...

LSL: Yeah, going back down is a bit trickier. I found myself going down sideways and everyone behind me followed me. It's just easier to do it that way. It felt safer than walking down the way you normally walk downstairs. Going down is MUCH faster than going up though, that's for sure. And that awesome feeling of accomplishment just hits you when
you reach the bottom! … at least, it did for me.

BSP: It felt good to reach the bottom. It was crazy! The amount of people and the different types of people that went up were astounding! All ages! All types!

LSL: SO CRAZY! All kinds of people do this hike. Locals, tourists, dogs, kids, teenagers, adults. Some sprint up and down the hill or carry weights(!) as a daily exercise. It's best to just get out of their way. In fact, get out of the way of people coming back down in general, it just makes sense to since they're more at risk of falling I thought that'd be obvious to all hikers, but I guess not.

BSP: YEP! It was pretty rude when people just stopped in the middle. WALK OFF TO THE SIDE FOLKS!!!

LSL: ANYWAY, while you're going up OR coming back down you may think to yourself "why am I doing this?" But it's worth it! So do it if you're capable of it, bring water, take lots of breaks, and have fun.

BSP: AWESOMEFACENESS! Thank you Leimaile! That was a crazy fun hike! 

Happy (UPCOMING) Birthday to you LITTLE SISTER! I love you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU HOT MESS!!!

Some crazy fucking amazing ladies we met on the way down!

PS: Up next time... STRESS.








No comments: