Friday, June 7, 2013

For my Little Brother, Kepa, on Graduation Day...

For my beautiful Little Brother, on his Graduation Day.

Graduation Day. May 26, 2013

It is not really your graduation day today as it happened a little over a week and a half ago but as a tried to write this I was continuously over come and I really did not know what to say except... I love you Little Brother. I will try here to put my thoughts down for you...

Kepa, my SuperMAN.


Yummy toes.


You have such an open and loving heart. You work with spirit and precision and you do not quit until the job is done. See the world with that amazing light that shines from within you.

On your Graduation Day I give you three thoughts. EXECUTION. CREATION. And above all, LOVE.


DISCLAIMER: My name is Pilialoha K. Nathaniel and I was asked to be a health and wellness coach by one of my crazy younger cousins. They have faith in me. But if you, whoever you are, are reading this I must let you know that I am not a doctor. I am not a nurse. I am not a psychologist. I am not affiliated with any sort of health industry. You are reading this blog with the full knowledge that Pilialoha K. Nathaniel is not authorized by any school, institution or government to give health and medical advise. Most of the advise in the particular posting is directed to and written for my little brother, Walter I'okepaokalani (SUPERKEPA) Barrett. If you follow any advise in this blog it is at your own discretion and at your own risk. 

Okay? 

Nod if you agree. If you read anything past this paragraph that means you have nodded and you agree.

6th Grade Graduation from Waiau Elementary.
EXECUTE. 

The world is an IDEA. It is YOUR IDEAS, THOUGHTS and ACTIONS that CREATE the would you live in. Have faith in your IDEAS and follow though with them. IDEAS are NOTHING with out perseverance and EXECUTION. EXECUTE your IDEAS. Bring the to fruition with ACTION.

Imagine for a moment with me if you, Kepa, had this grand IDEA to go to COLLEGE. Imagine if you sat in bed wishing that it might someday happen for you. Think about that time. Think about daydreaming about what you might do after High School. When the time came, you KEPT DREAMING. DREAMS and IDEAS are beautiful things. They are like the many twinkling lights of grand New York City. They are the infinite bursts of brilliance in the skies above Mauna Kea. Dreams and Ideas are nothing without EXECUTION. 

I am SO PROUD OF YOU. REMEMBER that you had SUPPORT (and you always will) and know that YOU MADE THIS HAPPEN. 

YOU.

You turned your dream of Pitzer College into a REALITY. The far off brilliant star of a Dream is REAL FOR YOU because you made the CHOICE to believe in YOURSELF and your ABILITY to SHINE.

"Don't mess with my little bro!"


CREATE. 

Ask questions. If someone can't give you the answer. Ask again or better yet... MAKE ANSWERS HAPPEN. MAKE LIFE HAPPEN!!!  Do not COMPLAIN. DO NOT sit on your ass. MAKE SHIT HAPPEN!

C-R-E-A-T-E!!!

Always CREATE! Create the answers and solutions to the situations, difficulties, adversity... SHIT that WILL HAPPEN. SHIT HAPPENS. You can let yourself DROWN in SHIT or you can RISE ABOVE IT. Always know that you have THE WILL, THE STRENGTH and THE MINDPOWER to drive though and CREATE.

Creation can only happen though HONESTY. Kepa, one day you will have another DREAM. This dream will change the world. YOU will change the world. If you are honest with yourself, this CREATION will BRING a light to you, your family and to the WORLD.

YOU WILL CREATE.

I was 16. Leimaile was 3 and Kepa... You were just 1.


LOVE.

I don't need to tell you how to LOVE little brother. You are so LOVING and CARING. You are GRATEFUL and CONSCIENTIOUS. You love with all your being.

What I do need to tell you is to HOLD ON TO the LOVE within YOURSELF. No matter how you or the world changes around you. 

I almost said, "Never Change", but that would be wrong. ALWAYS CHANGE AND NEVER FORGET about the younger versions of yourself. You will ALWAYS CHANGE and ALWAYS GROW. Life will never be stagnate for you. Life will be ALIVE with LOVE. Look for the love and light in others and in the WORLD you CREATE. In your adventures, surround yourself with LOVE. 

When you find someone worth your love who loves you back... When you find someone who wants to be part of YOUR LIFE and YOUR DREAMS as a partner and friend, lover and confidant... Someone who makes you be an even better person... hold on tight and never, for one moment, take that LOVE for GRANTED. Love is patient and kind and all those things the Bible says it is... but it is also something that needs to be nurtured, adored and cared for.

EXECUTE your DREAMS with LOVE and you will CREATE LOVE.

The WORLD that you live in will be the one YOU CREATED. Fill it with love and you will live a loving and awesome life.

I love you, Kepa. My wild boy. My monkey. My Super-Kepa. 

Your Sister, Your Friend, 

Pilialoha












No comments: